These are the easiest cookies to make and very quick.
175g Plain Flour
100g Butter or Margarine
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and then stir in the flour.
3. Knead the dough together until it forms a ball, if the dough is a bit sticky you can add some more flour.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 5mm thick and then go wild with your cookie cutters
5. Place the biscuits on a floured baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for around 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. When they’re cool you can decorate them anyway you want to.
You can either eat them warm from the oven or ice them. This time we ate the star cookies and chose to make iced animal cookies*.
*We don’t normally use Nestle products but in this case the children had some mini-smarties in a partybag so we used them here.
Made for Cooking with Kids.