The carnival has now been published: Five things I want you to know about your father.
The Friday Club Carnivals are back!
I’m sorry for the long break. I’ll admit I’m a little nervous that no-one will take part after such a long absence and I have written a little bit below about why there has been such a long time since the last carnival. Please take part this time if you can, I would appreciate it more than I can say.
Following on from the Five things I want my children to know about me carnival, next week (Friday 9th September) the Friday Club Parenting Carnival topic is ‘Five things I want you to know about your father’. If you’d rather write about another significant person in your child’s life that’s fine, I’m not really into rules :).
Please join in! Everyone is welcome, whether you are an established blogger or a newbie and especially if you have not taken part before.
Here’s what to do:
- Write a post about five things you want your children to know about their father.
- Publish your post anytime before noon on Friday 9th September.
- When it is published, email the url of the post (the permalink) to me at fridayclub (AT) notesfromhome (DOT) com before noon (UK time – BST) on Friday 9th.
- On Friday afternoon I will publish the carnival and you will get a link back from me when the carnival goes live. I would really appreciate it if you would link to me in your post so that others can take part if they want to.
- What is not allowed: anything off-topic, sponsored posts, product review posts, competitions/giveaways, posts not written by personal bloggers or anything libellous or hurtful.
(If you’re a regular participant you will see that the Friday Club carnivals are changing format. When I originally set up the Friday Club the idea was to share the links between everyone taking part and to foster a community where everyone taking part got some link-love and traffic, not just the person hosting it. However there were some people who didn’t like that and I’ve been going through a tough time anyway and I am tired of dealing with those people. So I am changing the format so that everyone can still take part, be part of a community and get a link back from the carnival. If you know me you will absolutely know that I don’t blog for rankings or recognition – if I did I wouldn’t stop blogging for weeks and weeks – and that this decision has caused me some pain. I expect I will have more to say on this subject in another post but for now, I hope you will still take part as I really value our little community :). )
<div align="center"><a href="http://notesfromhome.com/"><img src="http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g376/ella818/The-Friday-Club-badge.gif" title="Friday Club" alt="Friday Club" width="125" height="125" style="border:none;"></a></div>
And for anyone who missed it, here’s the first post about The Friday Club Carnivals.